SPICED VEGETABLE FRITTERS WITH ZESTY YOGHURT
By GoodnessMe Box Wholefood Cook, Kara Conroy
Makes 10-12 fritters
- 2 zucchini, grated
- Himalayan salt
- 2 carrots, peeled & grated
- ½ cup almond meal
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup baby spinach, shredded
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Indian spice mix
- Coconut or olive oil for cooking
- 1 cup natural Greek yogurt
- Zest & juice of half a lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- Lime wedge to serve
- Place coarsely grated zucchini in a colander and add some salt. Let sit for 10 minutes then squeeze out as much of the excess moisture as you can with your hands or through a few layers of thick paper towel of a clean cloth. Its best to squeeze handfuls a few times over as you really need to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Grate the carrots and squeeze out all of the excess moisture with your hands or through a few layers of thick paper towel then place into a bowl.
- Add the zucchini and all remaining fritter ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan on medium and add the coconut or olive oil. Place large spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, leaving space in between.
- After about 3 minutes or until golden, turn the fritters and cook on the other side. Place cooked fritters on a plate with paper towel and repeat with remaining batter.
- For the yoghurt, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve with the fritters and a lime wedge.